[Advaita-l] Is study of Vedanta necessary?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 09:47:14 CST 2016

PraNAms

I am crystallizing the questions in short form

1. Is Vedanta necessary

2. Is Vedanta necessary and sufficient

3. Is Vedanta necessary but not sufficient - if so what-else is needed?

Hari Om!
Sada

 Subject: [Advaita-l] Is study of Vedanta necessary?
 To: "yahoogroups" <advaitin at yahoogroups.com>, "adviata-l" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
 Date: Monday, February 1, 2016, 5:53 AM

 PraNAms to all

 Question – Is intensive study of Vedanta essential for
 self-realization? Is not sufficient to have the faith that I
 am conscious-existent entity which is unchanging and I am
 not this body-mind and intellect which are continuously
 changing.   I am the essence of this universe
 since without I (not BMI) the very existence of the universe
 cannot be established.

 2. Does one need a faith that Vedanta is apourusheyam, etc.

 3. If one sees everything is nothing but the Lord – yo
 maam pasyati sarvatra sarvanca mayi pasyati – One who sees
 Me everywhere and everything in Me  ; This comes
 immediately after  sarva bhuutastam aatmaanam sarva
 bhuutanica aatmani-One who sees self in all and in
 oneself.  Both statements seem to be equivalent.
 Interestingly the statement that involves Bhakti comes after
 the statement that involves Janaanam- although both appear
 to indicate the same.

 4. What are your thoughts on these?

 Hari Om!
 Sada