[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Works of Sri Vidyashankara

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 23:04:47 CST 2016

(Apologies, my earlier reply missed this list)

Namaste Sunilji,

If that feeling were to be true, what could be the reason for the earlier
*Bhashyakara* Shankaracharya's works to survive while the followers' works
to vanish, if existent?

Under kenavAkyabhAShya, the TIkAkAra says in its very first line that since
kenamantra was not analysed in the shArirIka-nyAya, therefore, Bhashyakara
wrote the vAkyabhAShya, even after writing the padabhAShya! That should be
sufficient to establish that both, the padabhAShya as well as vAkyabhAShya
are from the same Bhagavatpadacharya's pen. The gitabhAShya doesn't even
need a defence to establish that it is Bhashyakara's work, because we
wouldn't have a prasthAna*traya* otherwise!

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */