[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference? - Part 8

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 03:46:16 CST 2016

Venkatraghavan:
If the perceiver's thought is not able to remove theinert rope-ignorance fully, that un-removed ignorance which also has thevikshepa shakti, creates the projection of the snake where the rope exists. Theconsciousness enclosed within the perceiving thought takes the form of theprojected snake, leading to the erroneous conclusion, "I see a snakethere". So each adhyAsa is actually two fold - one of the snake, which is thearthAdhyAsa, and the thought "I see a snake there", which isjnAnAdhyAsa. Sada: Looks complicated to me. A simple explanation is thatthe senses are not able to gather complete attributes required for truthful knowledge..Partial knowledge of the object contributes to erroneous knowledge. Sameapplies to self-ignorance too. I know that I am existent and conscious but I donot know that I am limitless. Hence partial knowledge helps to project orviskepa that I am a jeeva or I am =this BMI.  Hari Om!Sadananda