[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference? - Part 4

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Dec 6 05:58:19 CST 2016

Iswara has only Vikshepaor maaya shakti for projecting the whole universe. He is sarvajna and sarvavitas Mundaka (mantra 9, ch. I- sec.10 says - that is He has both para and aparavidya. Hence Iswara has not avidya but has maaya as his shakti.

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Well said, in addition, Ishwara's Ishwaratva has the two prakruti-s (parApara prakruti and details clarified by shankara in prakrutiM purushaM chaiva viddyAnAdi ubhAvapi geeta shloka bhAshya).  If this prakruti equated with avidyA and this avidyA is burnt by one's jnana, then Ishwara will be no more Ishwara, Ishwara would cease to be Ishwara.  But this cannot happen because Ishwara is always Ishwara and is nitya shuddha, Buddha, mukta svabhAvatvAt, nityeshvaratvAt Ishwarasya.  This should not be confused with shankara's another clarification in ArambhaNAdhikaraNa bhAshya that Ishwara is valid only in vyavahAra :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar