[Advaita-l] [advaitin] avidya vs maayaa - What is the difference?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Dec 6 05:23:17 CST 2016

praNAms Sri Ravi Kiran prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Ø   Pardon me for the belated reply.
Pl clarify what you imply by this - transaction with the rajju remains with the correct knowledge of rajju ?

Ø   In other words there will be no mithyA vyavahAra (like fear, attempt to kill sarpa etc.) with sarpa.
Is the above categorised as  vyavahArika drushti or Atmaikatva drushti ?

Ø   Atmaikatva drushti or samyak jnana is not vyavahAra ateeta jnana it is bAdhita buddhi of vyavahAra satyatvaM.

Not clear, why you introduced transactions in the context of Atmaikatva drushti ??

Ø   I have said this because some traditionalists have the view point that jnAni has the parichinnatva jnana, he has the kAma-krOdha, he has the avidyA lesha, he has the dehAtma jnana as long as he lives in his bhautika shareera due to prArabdha karma etc.  When shankara has the Atmaikatva jnana before writing bhAshya to whom he has written the bhAshya when everything is Atma??  They pose questions like this.  For the I had to mention the transactions in the context of Atmaikatva jnana / drushti.  But strictly speaking “transaction for the jnAni is only with the world non-different from brahman” is stated only from the view point of ajnAni, he likes to see the jnAni as sashareeri.  Actually in samyak jnana there is no transaction of any sort.  In that transcendental state there is no idea such as brahman and the jagat as non-different from it etc..  In that state there is brahman alone and that is himself.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar