[Advaita-l] Dialogues with the Guru - HH Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahasvaminah

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 07:49:15 CDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <

>  Venkatraghavanji - PraNams
> It was a divine injunction to overcome the so-many devilish posts on the
> nature of parabrahman- whether it is Shiva or Vishnu - The number of posts
> is overwhelming.
>
> Shiva word is there in the Vishusaharanaamavali -

Dear Sada ji,

In the Shiva sahasranāma of the Mahabhārata is the name 'Viṣṇu'.

and in the mantra 7 of Mandukya - indicating auspiciousness and Vishnu
> meaning vyaapakatvam - in the parabrahman there cannot be divsions or
> distinctions of any kind.

True. Shankara has clearly explained what is 'vastu pariccheda': If an
object is different from another, both limit each other. This is called
object-wise limitation, distinct from deśa paricchinna and kāla
paricchinna. If Vishnu is not Rudra and vice versa, both will limit each
other and neither can be ananta of the Vedanta. Shankara says 'Brahman is
sarva-ananyatvarūpa anantam': Brahman is non-different from everything.

In fact in the BSB Shankara takes up the view of a kind of Advaitin who
holds that 'in samsāra bheda is satyam and in moksha abheda is satyam.'
Shankara refutes this view both on grounds of shruti and yukti.

> The rest is only for upaasana.

regards
subbu