[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:18:30 CDT 2016

>> WIth Maya as upadhi, it becomes Ishwara and not NB! That means it is
>> our very own popular Narayana.
>

> Then that Narayana cannot be beyond avyakta. But Shankara has specified that
> it is beyond avyakta.

That is purely your assumption and it arises because you have not read
the Mbh. The Adi parvan itself says this Narayana is higher than
manifest and unmanifest.

> Shankara is praising the NB alone. If Vishnu is of the popular conception,
> it is anātma and abrahma for Shankara. Hence the academics view is not
> admissible in the sampradaya.

The above is discredited by Shankara when he says Narayana is paramatman.

> Shankara implies it in the iti of the mantra and ityevmaadi.

Nowhere does Shankara take Vishnu's name here.

> Shankara is quoting only the advaita tattva and does not care about the
> rest. If you are interested only in the chaff, no one can help it.

I see that it is you who are interested in the chaff. That is why you
are quoting Shiva supremacy verses from the Mbh, which, as you
yourself acknowledged, do  not support advaita.