[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 05:51:17 CDT 2016

> Shankara himself is selective there.  He has clearly said that the
> background story is only incidental. He has left out the chaff after
> separating the grains. So, the information that you want to highlight is not
> approved by Shankara as it is useless, having zero value for Vedanta.

Nowhere in the context of the BSB quotes does Shankara say that he is
selectively quoting things. I think you are merely superimposing your
personal views on Shankara.

> Shankara has implicitly mentioned it in his 'ityevamādīni.'

So what? He says Vishnu is supreme at multiple places. So Vishnu is
not a created entity.

> That vishnu is nirguna brahman. Shankara has said that Rudra alone as the
> destroying force in the Prashna bhashya.

I will cross this bridge when I come to it. But before doing this,
there is some ground work to be done.