[Advaita-l] JAGAT MITHYATVAM IN ADVAITA - A CONCLUSION - part -1

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 16:16:53 CDT 2016

Sorry friends,

There was a typo. Please read <Bhagavad Gita : II-19>  as  <The Original Bhagavad Gita : II-19>

Thanks and regards,

 Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] JAGAT MITHYATVAM IN ADVAITA - A CONCLUSION - part -1
 To: "Bhaskar YR" <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com>, "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>, "V Subrahmanian" <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
 Date: Thursday, April 28, 2016, 1:59 PM

 Namaste,

 The Ajativada verse in Bhagavad Gita II-19 , which is the
 same as used by Gaudapada in Mandukya-karika II-6, says it
 all that there has been the Brahman alone in the beginning
 and He alone is at the end and there is none else in
 between. So all the Jagat as experienced under the influence
 of Maya vanishes the moment one gets out of the grip of
 Maya.  Thus the reality of Jagat is untenable and it is
 best said by calling the Jagat as Mithya. However,this is
 easier said than realized, while remaining within the world
 of Maya. Only the sthitaprajna, who is able to control the
 mind to desist desires of the senses, and does the Manana
 and Dhyana, (i.e.,in the yoga-yukta state) can get truly
 convinced of this truth.

 Regards,
 Sunil KB

 Regards,