[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Apr 25 06:54:50 CDT 2016

I am not really sure if by this Sri Bhaskar Ji is referring to his understanding of the sloka "brahma satyaM jaganmithyA" is the same as that  that advanced by Mattur scholars or not. But I do believe that it is liable to be understood as such by many of the members here.
I reiterate once again that I am not claiming that Sri Bhaskar Ji has indeed stated his stand on this specific issue to be in accordance with that of the Mattur scholars, but I felt that such a misunderstanding is very likely in view of his observation quoted at the beginning of this post and hence sought for the clarification directly from Sri Avadhanigalu  to remove any lingering doubts.
praNAms
Hare Krishna

No, you are wrong if you are assuming that in this particular issue I am holding Sri SSS’s view point.  This has been clarified  by me several times to you directly and others as well.  I was referring to Mattur prakriya, when there was a discussion about mUlAvidyA, kAraNAvidyA, bhAvarUpa avidyA in sushupti, avidyA lesha in jnAni etc. in this very list some 4-5 years back!! Nevertheless, Sri SSS too writes a lot in his various works about jnAni’s drushti on jagat after paramArtha jnana and how everything he sees as Atman only unlike mithyAvalOkana of jagat by the jnAni.

This is just for the information of prabhuji-s in this list.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar

PS :  As I said earlier, I am planning to write a final mail on this issue positively this week if time permits.  In that mail I am planning to quote Sri SSS as well from his various works.  With those references you can again talk to Sri ANA (who is also my vedAnta guruji but talked to him long back due to my paurOhityaM commitments ☺ and seek his clarification in what sense jagat is satya not mithya.  Hope you would do that exercise as well ☺  Anyway, I reckon that your question # 3 is too short and obscure just asked for the want of answer that you want ☺