[Advaita-l] On Brahmasutra - Shankara Bhasya - By Swami Paramarthanandaji

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:22:23 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Sunil,

I'm not sure if your view was based on the Arsha Avinash pdf that Sri
Sadananda circulated earlier. If it was, in this particular instance, I
don't think the pdf summary captures Swami ParamArthAnanda's message
accurately.

Having listened to the talk, I don't think Swamiji's intention was to
present Buddhism as a philosophy that was "unsystematic" (sorry for the
double negative), just that Buddha did not set out to present a systematic
philosophical system - He taught people what he had discovered in his
spiritual journey and these talks were preserved by his followers. It was
only later when people followed his teachings as a new religion, Buddhism,
that the need to systematically present Buddhist philosophy arose, which
led to the creation of the sUtra, adhi dharma and vinaya pitakam's and
subsequent branches of Buddhist philosophy.

Anyway, this is only *my* interpretation after listening to Swamiji's talk.

Here is the link to the audio -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c7pcwqltcwa21sq/BS_002__INTRODUCTION.mp3

Will leave it to you to listen and draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Sunil Bhattacharjya via Advaita-l <