[Advaita-l] [science-religion-philosophy] Who is a shrotriya brAhmaNa??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Sep 7 23:24:52 CDT 2015

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Thank you all for your thoughtful insights.  It seems from the posts that external appearance of a shrOtriya hardly a matter of concern when he is pure inside and hardcore follower of traditional values on regular basis if not full time.  But the question still remain open, how many of us, who have our own preconceptions of looks of shrOtriya-s  & brahmanishTa-s ready to accept a person wearing modern attire as shrOtriya and brahmanishTa and treat him as our ‘guru’?? My mischievous mind asks some time how many of us would really recognize Acharya, sages and saints like bhagavatpAda, rAmakrishna, ramaNa, vivekaananda etc. if at all they want to come back in disguise to test our purity and Shraddha ☺ Why to go to that level, even if our regular kula purOhit, who we always used to see with kaccha pancha and upaveeta, seen somewhere with modern attire don’t we be ruthless in our judgement of his character & behavior??   Anyway, kindly don’t take trouble to convince this mind, it will always be like that posing stupid questions due to lack of purity.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar