[Advaita-l] Please answer to this

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 08:58:33 CDT 2015

Chandramouliji - Yes. Swami Paramarthanandaji did indicated that there are apparently 16 samaanadhikaranas. The four that were mentioned here are apparently discussed by Shankara in his Brahma sutra bhashya - not remember where exactly. I think the sixteen samaanaadhikaranas were discussed in the other list by Kennith or so, and it may be available in the archives. If I find it I will post it here.

The lakshnaas - jahat, ajahat and jahat ajahat lakshanas were discussed by Sadananda yogindra in his Vedanta saara.

About Ghataaksaasha -  currently we just finished discussing the Avachcheda vaada and Abhaasa vaada - in relation to Jiiva in the Vichaarasaagara class. I am planning to write on it sometime soon. That may also be pertinent in terms of bhaamati vs vivarana schools, since avachchedavaada is attributed to Mandana Misra and Abhaasavaada to Sureswara, vidyaranya, etc. although Shankara does not endorse either one, but uses both arguments.

As Subbuji pointed that the fundamentals - 1. Brahma satyam 2. Jagan mithyaa 3. JivaH brahma eva na aparaH - forms the basic tenets of Advaita Vedanta that all aacharyas subscribe. The rest are only considered as prakriyas that help to understand the mahaavaakyas. Shaastras do not discuss these - only acharyas discuss these to extract tatparya as Subbuji indicated.

Hari Om!
Sadananda