[Advaita-l] vyavahAre bhaTTanayaH

Keshava PRASAD Halemane k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 24 23:09:11 CST 2015

praNaams  Sri  Siva Senani Nori ji
It is indeed a very illuminating explanation about communication using Sabda as the means / vehicle.
It seems to me that the most basic essentiality is the necessary pre-requisite or condition for both the two parties (sender & receiver) to 'share a common knowledge';  which when ensured, the Sabda, if used appropriately by the sender, will invoke that shared knowledge in the receiver.
I wonder what is meant by 'sharing a common knowledge' ! And, whatever it be, how such a 'sharing a common knowledge' can be ensured ?
 - Keshava PRASAD Halemane  mOkShakaamaarthadharmah  janmanaa jaayatE jantuḥ |  samskaaraat hi bhavEt dvijaḥ ||  vEda-paaThaat bhavEt vipra |  brahma jnaanaat hi braahmaNah ||