[Advaita-l] vyavahAre bhaTTanayaH

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 23:11:26 CST 2015

The role of Yogasutras in Advaita is undeniable.  Shankara has paraphrased
yoga sutras directly or indirectly across the bhāṣyas.  Sri Vidyasankar
Sundaresan has studied this topic.  Even Sri SSS in his short book
'Gitāśāstrārtha vivekaḥ' has shown correspondence between Patanjali Yoga
system with Advaita especially in the 6th Chapter of the BG.  It is only
their metaphysics of ultimate jīva nānātva and prapancha satyatvam that is
not admitted in Advaita.

Yesterday I had occasion to interact with a person doing his PhD in
Vyākaraṇa.  He told me that even that darshana has mokṣa as its goal.  He
said the 'vivarta' word is used by them only first and Advaita does not say
that explicitly. For them the whole creation is only a vivarta of shabda.
And the moksha they talk of is no different from Advaita. He, however,
presented a fine talk on moksha svarupa in Advaita which I have recorded
and will share soon.

regards
subrahmanian.v

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <