[Advaita-l] Dvaita Vaada - Vadiraja Teertha's Nyayaratnavali Slokas 310 - 314 Pativrataa Stree

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:01:20 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Anandji,

 Please bear with me for continuing the discussion. You have observed

 << In short, the followers of the bhAmatI school hold that well known and
accepted vidhis such as the adhyayana vidhi, gurUpagamana vidhi, etc. are
sufficient to ensure the student of vedAnta will realize the Self through
shravaNa, manana, and nididhyAsana, without the need for further vidhis. >>
.

 Yes. No doubt it has been well argued out so. There could however be
counter arguments also as is no doubt the case as brought out clearly in
your response itself. But there is an additional issue in my question. It
is

 << what is Sri Bahagavatpada's view on the issue ? >> .

    Since Bhamati is a commentary on the Bhashyam , is it clearly mentioned
   therein whether the above view is an independent view of Sri Vacahaspati
   Mishra or Sri Appayya Dikshita , or is it their interpretation of the view
   held by Sri Bhagavatpada ? Have Sri Vachaspati Mishra or Sri Appayya
   Dikshita made any mention of what Sri Bhagavatpada himself might have meant
   in this regard. In respect of the first three views where Sri Dikshita has
   mentioned the supporting references relied on by them for their views, it
   is clear that those respective commentators themselves felt that the views
   represented the views of Sri Bhagavatpada himself . That is why I sought in
   my earlier mail for any such supporting references relied on by the Bhamati
   School from the Bhashyam for their conclusions. From your response I gather
   that it is their own independent conclusion not necessarily based on the
   Bhashyam. I am not by any means suggesting that the arguments lose their
   validity on that score. But I just want to know the factual position.
   Please confirm.

 Regards

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <