[Advaita-l] Shortest Sentence in English is a Mahaa Vaakya?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Mar 24 13:40:41 CDT 2015

Namaste Sreenivasa Murthy Ji,

The problem was with your sweeping remark on "shankara sampradAya" which
is coming down in the form of "AchArya-shishya parampara".

You shouldn't have used the word "obsolete sampradayas" which is so vibrant in some
traditional mutts.

One of the ashotOttara nAmAvaLi of our beloved Acharya Sankara is
"parivrAjAshramOdhattrE namaH" ie., "Salutations to one who revived the
parivrAjaka / yati / sanyAsa dharma".

Otherwise, I agree with your rest of the statements about mOkSa-adhikAratva-nirNaya to
grihastha.

regs,
sriram