[Advaita-l] Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Wed Jun 17 22:27:30 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Durga Janaswamy via Advaita-l <

> In the following audio link, Swami Govindananda Saraswati explained the
> view of Swami Akhandaananda Saraswati and Sri Udiya Baba ji on 'Brahmaakara
> / Akhadaakara Vritti'.  Please listen the audio (8 minute audio in English
> / Hindi)

​I've heard this.
I can confirm that they are talking about nirodha-pariNAma, and not the
akhaNDAkAravRtti. Their talk is useful to lay persons. It is not going to
help in scholastic talk, like that of vAdirAja and madhusUdana-sarasvatI.
If you want to understand their works, you have to define it in clear
terms, not in vague way. That too according to definitions famous in their
thougt-system.
I've hinted in past that niShprakAraka-vRtti = akhaNDAkAravRtti. But, I'm
not going to put it here until your previous notion is not tested and found
wrong by yourselves.
​

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः*www.lalitaalaalitah.com