[Advaita-l] Prasthana Traya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:15:58 CDT 2015

It is my opinion that it is better to study the prakaraṇa granthas
thoroughly.  They are much easier to comprehend than the prasthāna traya.
Once one gains a reasonable level of familiarity with the prakaraṇa works
one can get more benefit from the study of the prasthāna traya.  The best
prakaraṇa works are:

Viveka chudamani, Panchadashi, Atmabodha, Tattvabodha, Vāsudeva mananam,
etc.  At the end of these one can study the Anubhūti prakāśa of Vidyaranya
which beautifully summarises all the Upanishads in verse form.  Uddhavagitā
with Swami Paramarthananda's excellent, extremely detailed talks, can be
studied for immense benefit.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Vivek via Advaita-l <