[Advaita-l] Who wrote Saundarya Lahari?

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:14:55 CDT 2015

Why cant a son describe the body of his mother? Why should any description
of the body be associated with sexuality? The forms of Goddess like Tara
and Kali are Digambari and hence all her Sadhaks see her as Naked only.
Does that mean, they cannot worship Kali as their mother?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
>
> In the TV programme Satya Darshana I heard Adi Sankara the author of
> Prasthana Traya Bhashya and the best of the Yatis and a Baala Brahmachari
> cannot be author of Saundarya Lahari. How can he describe every part of the
> female body details for 50 Slokas ? Even if you say he is describing his
> Mother how can a son describe body parts of his Mother? Someone may say Adi
> Sankara was Siva Avatara only. Siva can describe His own wife Paarvati and
> Her body because He is Her husband. But why did he say he is Dravida Sisu a
> baby of the Dravida country and drinking Her breast milk Stanya in Sloka
> 75? How can he act as husband in one place and son in another place?
>
> Someone must have written Saundarya Lahari and put his name as Dravida Sisu
> Sankaracharya.
>
> There are many Bhashyas for Saundary Lahari? What are Bhaashya Kaaras
> saying? Kindly clarify. Some Dvaitis are taunting me. I have to give a
> suitable reply.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> -Venkatesh