[Advaita-l] What is avidyA vR^itti as against antaHkaraNa vR^itti?

Durga Janaswamy janaswamy2001 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:49:09 CDT 2015

Thank you Sri Anand ji for clarifying my doubts on the subject.
I want to bring the following information to your notice:

>From Vedanta Paribhasha (translation by Swami Madhavananda):
Subjective Perception
"Again (1), since the Consciousness limited by happiness etc. and Consciousness limited by
the mental state relating to them are invariably limited by the two limiting adjuncts (2) that
occuy the same space (3), the knowledge , "I am happy," is invariably a perception (4).

However recollection of the happiness etc. abiding in oneself would not be a perception.

(1) In the perception of internal objects
(2) Viz., happiness etc. and the mental state in the form of those.
(3) Viz., that occupied by the mind
(4) In respect of happiness only.
"

I thank Sri Anand ji and Sri Chandramouli ji for spending their time and sharing their knowledge to a beginner like me.
I learned a lot during the discussion with you on this subject.

Regards
-- durga prasad