[Advaita-l] Attributes and upadhis

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:11:48 CDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Br. Pranipata Chaitanya via Advaita-l <

> >Or is it the recognition that one was always that sat/Atman/brahman alone,
> > even when one had identified oneself as jIva prior to
> mahavakya-janya-jnAna ?
>
> Sorry, the earlier reply would not be complete without the following:
>
> So one was always brahman and never a saMsArI like there was only rope and
> never the snake, is inference not recognition.

Since the knowledge that one is always Brahman is direct and immediate (
aparokSa) , why do we classify as inference ?

By inference, understand as, seeing the smoke, fire is inferred ...How is
that applied here in case of aparokSa Brahma jnAna?

Thanks