[Advaita-l] (no subject)

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 02:39:30 CDT 2015

Chandramouli ji - PraNAms

In the case of soyam devadattaH - as Sadananda yogi illustrates as an example of jadajahallakshNa. Lakshana involves not vaachyaartha but lakshyaartha and jahat ajahat involves bhaga tyaaga - where contradictory parts have to be rejected and only equate the non-contradictory - here unchanging entity. How fast this is done is of no consequence. Viveka involves nithya anitya vastu viveka. In this example the buddhi does instantly or slowly by remembering that devadatta depending on how sharp that memory is - some times more prodding may be required to recapitulate that devadatta.  It can be instant process but the mind has to drop the two contradictory attributes to arrive at oneness of this and that devadattas or aham and tat -In the case of Devadatta  mind may do fast but in the case of tat tvam asi - the previous notions inhibit seeing that equation. Soyam devadattaH is classical example to illustrate the jahdajahallakshaNa - in illustrating the viveka
 required to appreciate the tat tvam asi

Yes I know Shree Aandaji - Not sure if he is particularly interested to join. One can try. I am ccing this to Him, if he cares to comment.

Hari Om!
Sada