[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:00:32 CDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Ravi Kiran <ravikiranm108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Keshava PRASAD Halemane <
> k_prasad_h at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
>> Anyone can have akhanDAkAra-vRtti to the extent that anyone can have
>> brahmAkAra-akhanDa-vRtti janya brahmajnAna,
>>

> no more no less.  And when one does have akhanDAkAra-vRtti
>> [niShprakAra-vRtti] the vRtti-janya-jnAna is sarvAtmabhAva jnAna.
>>

> This is not true, if you look at the example quoted by SrIlalitAlAlitaH
>
> When one replies to
> question 'which is moon' as 'prakRShTaprakAshaH chandraH', the sentence
> generates akhaNDAkAravRtti; because the question was not about quality.
>
> here, the akhanDAkAra-vRtti [niShprakAra-vRtti] is not resulting in
> Brahma jnAna (sarvAtmabhAva).
>

>> The so called akhanDAkAra-vRtti associated with some examples/analogies
>> like  सोयम् and प्रकृष्टप्रकाशश्चन्द्रः etc.  cannot be truly said to be
>> akhanDAkAra-vRtti because of some remnant traces of viShEShaNas therein,
>> although they may serve as good pedagogical examples/analogies to
>> facilitate the teaching/learning process.

Here, the jnAna from the vAkyArtha of 'prakRShTaprakAshaH chandraH'  is of
single entity ...prakAsha

Could not follow the 'remnant traces of viShEShaNas' in this dRstAntha ?

if such is possible, this does not qualify for akhanDAkAra-vRtti

in that case, akhanDAkAra-vRtti is synonym for brahmAkAra-vRtti , and it
should be niShprakArika