[Advaita-l] Permanence of the self

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 09:31:15 CST 2015

Dear Sir,
Pranams,

I do not know the position which you hold in your organization. Whatever the position you hold, I hope you are aware of the maxim, the boss is always right (especially when he is fully in the wrong)? It is all very well for a Guru to rid the disciple of his ego and be his guide on the spiritual path. But you are an employee of an organization and no boss would like to accept that his concepts are wrong and his subordinate or employee is right at the same time. He will have a mental prejudice against you for showing off his knowledge as faulty and would try to put you down in one way or the other. So, it is better not to assume the role of a guru of your boss, but just give him a list of good books that he may read to enhance his knowledge of the right concepts and philosophy, without landing yourself into heated arguments with him. If my subordinate or employee tells me that my knowledge of philosophy is wrong, i will either demote him or dismiss him or withhold his payments/bonus/ increments and try to cause his departure from the organization in a very bad light, by the most serious efforts at tarnishing his reputation. There are many who would do this and I do not know how enlightened your boss is. It is better to avoid such controversies. You are not his guru and he is not your sishya. Though I know that you mean well for your boss, I hope you understand your position in the organization. Regards, Ramesh Ramanan.