[Advaita-l] abhishravaNa mantrAH

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:10:30 CDT 2015

Namaste

When the Brahmins are taking food in the Sraddha the Abhishravana
Mantras should be chanted. If the Sraddha Karta does not know them he
should ask Vaidikas to chant them and pay them Dakshina also. Many
people are not following this because they have to pay extra to these
Vaidikas. Sometimes the Purohita will chant them but there is no
guarantee he can chant them.

If you do Google search there is a book in Tamil Script in Digital
Library of India. You can download it. Some DLI downloader softwares
are also available if you search in Google.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan via
Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> The yAjuSha-mantra-ratnAkara published by the now defunct vaidikavardhinI
> press (republished as a facsimile copy in recent times) has the
> abhishravaNa mantrAH. I heard that the karnataka tradition has a different
> set of mantrAH. Is this true?
>
> Is there any source text describing the arrangement of mantrAH?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Rama

Regards

-Venkatesh