[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: Weather Vedas are considered as false in ultimate reality?

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:11:08 CDT 2015

​न माता पिता वा न देवा न लोका
न वेदा न यज्ञा न तीर्थं ब्रुवन्ति
सुषुप्तौ निरस्ताति शून्यात्मकत्त्वात्
तदेकोवशिष्टः शिवः केवलोऽहम्।​

This is a sloka from Adi Sanakara's Dasasloki.

The meaning is:
The wise men or srutis say that It (the ultimate reality) is neither the
father,nor mother, nor gods, nor the worlds, nor vedas, nor yajnas, nor
holy abodes. When the thought of nothingness is thrown away from deep
sleep, that one which remains is Siva and that is only me.

Thought of nothingness = According to yoga sastra sleep also is ो thought.
It is the thought that there is nothing. अभावप्रत्ययालम्बनावृत्तिर्निद्रा.

regards,
Sarma.