[Advaita-l] agniveshya yagnopavIta dhAran VidhI

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Thu Sep 11 10:50:10 CDT 2014

Namaste

I did not know before the Yajnopavita Sacred thread can be prepared by
Brahmin Vidhava or Virgin. I regularly buy sacred thread in the Pooja
articles shops or they will give it in a Math. I never asked how they
prepared it. Now I know we have to get the threads from a Brahmin Widow or
Virgin and prepare the Knot and wear it.

All Shakhas of Yajur Veda are following the same practice or only
Agniveshya? Thank you.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Animesh via Advaita-l <

> Srī mātre namah
>
> Dear group members,
>
> Agniveshya sutra is one of lesser followed sutra of krishna yajurveda .
> I have posted post about yagnopavita dharan vidhi of this sutra on my blog
> .  l request you to visit.
>
> http://wp.me/p4M2ms-4y
>
> Regards
> Animesh