[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:28:35 CDT 2014

Dear Sri Venkatesh Murthyji,

I am somewhat perplexed. I have quite a few works of Sri SSS ,
upanishads/BS/lectures on BG/NS ( kleshapaharini ) etc. I went through the
whole collection, although cursorily , looking for references where he
himself in his own words ( without any inference on my part ) has stated
creation is by jiva. I could not find a single reference. On the other hand
there were any number pf places where he has categorically and
unambiguously referred to brahman/Iswara/atma as the cause for creation. I
am sure you would have also noticed the same and therefore I have not cited
any particular one here in support of my statement. May I request you to
cite specific quotes from Sri SSS to the effect that craetion is by jiva. I
am not looking for an inferential quote.All of us are free to understand
the way we like. I am looking for a citation in the words of Sri SSS
directly in this regard.

Regards