[Advaita-l] Fwd: On some verses of the BhagavadgItA

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:23:46 CDT 2014

Namaste

The full Sloka is -

Prachchanno Asau Mahaadushtash Chaarvaako Madhu Samjnakaha
Bhavishyati Kalau Virpaaha Sivanindaapravartakaha  40 -61

The second line is also saying he will be originator of Siva Nindaa. He
will disrespect Siva by saying Siva is less than even Vaayu and Brahma. But
we have accepted Sivasya Hridayam Vishnur Vishnoshcha Hridayam Sivaha. Siva
and Vishnu are equal. Vaishnavas will not accept that.

Complete Saura Purana text -

http://is1.mum.edu/vedicreserve/upapurana/saura_purana.pdf