[Advaita-l] BhAgavatam : The objective world is illusory

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:42:57 CDT 2014

Hare Krishna Sri BP ji :)

I wish you seedy recovery.

What I am trying to say is:
What we give importance or what our mind gives importance is important :)
rest all just fades away and we do not remember all things.

So my approach while studying shastra-s is that I am focussing on the last
stage, NS, from where there is no return. If I keep thinking of this world,
be it satya, or mithA, then I am still thinking of this world. Oly
initially this type of thinking nityAnitya vastU vivEka is needed. Later on
we do not need to think too much about the world as mAyA or as reality.
Hence my focus is - praNavO dhanuSa SaroyAtmA brahma laxya ucyate ...

Chanting OM and transcending OM's 3 states and reaching the 4th state,
which is like crossing a point of no return. It's a dead end for me.

I hope you get my point. It is what we give importance to that matters to
us. Even if I keep thinking of this jagat as mithyA, still I am not
thinking on brahman. It is good only for initial stage, just like brahma
bhAvanA is good to keep worldly thoughts away. Sri Ramana Maharshi (RM)
says, Ajya dhArayA in UpadeSasAra. (Ajya means ghee and not oil. In Ramana
Gita, he word used is taila dhArAvat)

In 40 verses on reality (saddarSana cAlIsI), says,

*'Jagat is satya', no 'jagat is mityA', no 'jagat is GYAnamaya', no, 'jagat
is sukha svarUpa (sattidAnanda svarUpa)', in this way what is the use of
doing vivAda? Leave this jagat dRRiShTi, (become introvert), know yourself
(know your True svarUpa), without (beyond) advaita and dvaita, without 'I'
(without Ego), this svasthiti (parama sthiti) is universal and acceptable
to all* (is universally acceptable to to all Or is acceptable to all) -
uLLadu nArapadu - 3 (saddarSana cAlIsI) (Translated from Gujarati)*

So this is what my focus should be. Hence my interpretation of shastra-s is
... what I have interpreted ;)

Rest, I agree. We are saying same thing in different ways.

btw, I like one definition

Meditation is

being at peace with *what is *

and

transcending *what is* - Swami Sukhbodhananda

Jai Shri rAma

Sujal

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna