[Advaita-l] Body is the disease

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jan 13 04:53:44 CST 2014

Therefore, vAcaspati declares (1.1.4), na avidyA brahmAshrayA, kintu jIve,
sA tvanirvacanIyetyuktam, tena nityashuddhameva brahma, the locus of
ignorance is not Brahman, but the individual soul, jIva.

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Very interesting.  But I read somewhere that amalAnanda in kalpataru
(which is an upa-vyAkhyAna to bhAmati) openly admitted the brahmAshraya
avidyA!!??  And as you know it is said in bhAmati that during praLaya
everything will be in kAraNAvidyA in the form of sUkshma shakti..how can
it be different from vivaraNa's brahmAshrita avidyA pls. clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS:  would like to comment more on your mail and other mails on brahman's
sarvajnatva but could not do that due to time constraints. Hopefully after
Sankranti I shall be able to write something.

HAPPY SANKRANTI TO ALL PRABHUJI-S.