[Advaita-l] Sadhana,Jnana,Guru,devotion.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 06:29:29 CST 2014

Nitin Sridhar
You had said that it is not possible to know one's karmas because it is "adrishta".For this we must have viveka,vairagya etc.
But we cannot enter into Brahma vichara or enquiry without these qualities.One must have viveka,vairaga,sadhana shatka sampath before we make the enquiry.For the jnana to dawn,we must must know that these karmas are useless for jnana.the karmas are only necessary in so far as "chittashuddhi"is attained.Also,sadhana is endless,Then one must realise that Jnana Marga is necessary and resort to Jnana Marga.Devotion is also like Karma Marga.It is the Shishya who is important and his goal rather than the view of a Guru.Regarding your statement that one can take Dakshinamurthy or Shiva as Guru,it is not known who is Dakshina Murthy or Shiva.It is only hypothetical assumptions.It is the state of mind of the aspirant which is important rather than that of a Guru,because it is the aspirant of the Jnana is important.
N.srikanta