[Advaita-l] "Adharma" of a Jnani - the instances of Miracles (was Re: Is morality necessary for liberation?)

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 00:27:04 CST 2014

Namaste
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Praveen R. Bhat <bhatpraveen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hari Om, Bhaskarji,
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
>
> > >  I know this is off the topic.  One of my mAdhva prabhuji-s in one of
> > his personal exchanges with me asked me a question :  Since shankara
> opted
> > for another body to learn kAma shAstra but used his own antaHkaraNa, he
> > cannot  be called a celibate who observed brahmacharya in vAcha and
> > manasa.  Anyway, since I myself doubt these episodes for one or the other
> > reason and accepts the poetic exaggeration in these biographies, I told
> > him I donot have answer to this type of questions.
> >

> In the Sankara Digvijaya it is said 'VajroliyogapratibhU Sa Esha
Vatsavakirnitvaviparyayoho Naha'. The Vajroli practice will maintain
Brahmacharya.* If* a Brahmacharya has sex there is no loss for him if he is
expert in Vajroli. But Adi Sankara entered into King's body and enjoyed
with women in King's body. He knew Vajroli. There is no loss of
Brahmacharya.

I think in Vajroli practice they will draw up the Veerya even if comes out.
I am not sure how can they do it? Any answers?

> I just couldn't help wonder two things:
>
> 1) What do Madhvas think of Krishna calling himself as a brahmachari then!
>
> 2) If antaHkaraNa is to define celibacy, what do Madhvas think
> transmigrates across janmas (or indulges in dream relations)?
>
> gurorarpaNamastu,
> --Praveen R. Bhat
> /* Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known!
> [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Regards

-Venkatesh