[Advaita-l] "Adharma" of a Jnani - the instances of Miracles (was Re: Is morality necessary for liberation?)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Feb 6 04:39:50 CST 2014

If someone performs adharma and claims to be a Jnani, it is perfectly fair
to expect them to perform Miracles too.

Because: the Jnanis in the Itihasas and Puranas adhere to Dharma only. In
the rare instances that they do not adhere to Dharma, they have shown
their ability to perform Miracles.

praNAms Sri Karthik prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly pardon me prabhuji.  Frankly I am not able to understand the
relevance between miracles & jnAni-s avyavahAra. Does it not convey the
wrong message that those who can perform miracles can some time indulge in
questionable activities and still maintain their jnAni-hood intact??  For
that matter, you would agree with me that all siddha purusha-s (those who
gained occult powers like aNimAdi siddhi-s through ashtAnga yOga, tantra
sAdhana etc.) are NOT paramArtha jnAni-s and paramArtha jnAni is not
always a siddha purusha.  Under these circumstances, how can we bridge
relation between jnAni and miracles??  am I missing something here
prabhuji??  Kindly clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar