[Advaita-l] Narayanaya in Advaita

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 01:44:27 CST 2014

Chandramouliji - PraNAms

Shruti being inert it is mithyaa. Krishna has two components - the conscious part and inert part - the inert part is mithyaa and the conscious part is sOham or not different from myself - by bhaaga tyaga lakshana. Hence when someone ask what is the status of Narayana or Krishna or any God for that matter, one should ask first what they mean Narayana - If their identification marks are only shankachakra etc then they are mithyaa since naama and ruupa are mithyaa. If they identiy as vishvaadhaaram gagana saDriSham - as unmanifested conscious entity then that is not different from I am. Hence one should answer depending on who is asking the question. narAnAm ayanam yasya saH nArAyaanaH - who is the shelter for all the jiivas. Purusha is defined as the Lakshi's Husband - Lakshmi is the prakRiti and daara or wife and the one who dhAryate - supports or carries her is NArAyana, the unmanifest purusha.  In the vaishnava tradition, one can go to NArAyana only via
 Lakshmi  hence the term Sri Vaishanva as Sri has to come first before Vishnu.

Just my 2c
Hari Om!
Sadananda.