[Advaita-l] The Concept of krama mukti in Advaita

Vishy vishy1962 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 00:57:57 CST 2014

Namaste,
When we know that Ultimate is nameless and formless conscience ,
why to create confusions/ divisions with names and forms , Sir??To the beginners in the path, its fine. But shouldn't we cross overall these as we go forward??As mentioned in one of Shri Ramakrishna's life incidents.... Certainly
a boat helped in crossing the river, but for that sake you cant carry  the boaton your heads for ever!!
Pranams againVishy

     On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 12:13 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
>
> A good article to show Saguna Brahman is not Para Brahman. But I remember
> some book by Visistadvaita Sampradaya giving this example of Ganga water.
> In Varanasi the Ganga is flowing in canals and taps and comes to every
> home. They even wash the feet with sacred Ganga. If you see later the Ganga
> water is flowing as sewage water also. It is having bad smell and impure.
> Any intelligent person will not say the sewage water is Parama Pavana Ganga
> and drink it. If he drinks it will cause him harm only.
>
> Like this example the Advaita Brahman has become everything in the world
> but we cannot worship Brahman in everything. We cannot take a stone on the
> street and say it is Brahman. We have to recognize and worship the Pure
> form of Brahman. This purest form is the Vishnu form.

Dear Sri Venkatesh,

For each devotee his ishṭa devatā is above every other deity.  Here is a
verse from Bhartṛhari:

महेश्वरे वा जगतामधीश्वरे
जनार्दने वा जगदंतरात्मनि ।
न वस्तुभेदप्रतिपत्तिरस्ति मे
तथापि भक्तिस्तरुणेंदुशेखरे ॥
- वैराग्यशतकम्  84

Lord Shiva, who is the owner of this world, or Lord Vishnu who is in every
one’s conscience – I do not differentiate between them. Both are equal to
me. But when it comes to worshiping, I worship the God with young moon on
his head (Shiva). A mendicant would definitely identify with Shiva because
Lord Shiva himself is said to have led a very ascetic life.

One can't explain why and wherefore of one's attraction to a particular
deity.

regrads

subrahmanian.v