[Advaita-l] Why does anything exist at all

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:19:36 CST 2014

Namaste Sri Chandramouli

You are correct but only at a temporary level. If you read Gaudapaada
Karikas you can see there is no Creation and no Destruction also. Nothing
is created. Nothing is Born. Nothing dies. Only Brahman is there. It is
never Born. It never dies. It is not correct to say Brahman is creating
something.

But if someone says now there is Creation it must be Nothing only. Because
Nothing is created according to Gaudapaada.

If you say Brahman is Creator it will make Brahman the Author of this
Illusion. But Brahman cannot create Illusions. The Illusion is Maayaa only.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:52 AM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com