[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 110, Issue 7

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Sep 10 08:56:40 CDT 2013

Namaste,

Nothing wrong in meditating on saguNa form.

A certain devotee approached Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati Swamiji of Sringeri and expressed his inability to meditate on the dhyAna sloka of gAyatri with 5 faces (muktA-vidruma....).  Some meditate on the divya murti of nArAyaNa with the bhAvana that He is amidst saura-maNDala.

Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati Swamiji gave a small photograph of His own guru Sri Sivabhinava Nrisimha Bharati Swamiji and adviced him to meditate on the form of His guru while chanting gAyatri mantra and said that our beloved acharya is sarva-mantra-swarupa and veda-puruSa and attained oneness with gAyatri.  Also, the form of achArya with one head and two hands is quite easy to mediate rather than meditating on 10 hands of gAyatri and 5 heads.

So, you can take up any convenient dhyAna mUrti for meditation, preferrably, one's own guru's form or Acharya Sankara's picture or Mother Sarada's picture.

It should be pleasing enough to meditate which should generate inner calmness.

If nothing works, then the form of one's own parents (either father or mother) can be meditated upon. Afterall, who can be greater dEvatAs  than our own father who initiated us in gAyatri and our own mother who gave birth to us.

namaH savitrE.

regs,
sriram