[Advaita-l] Padmapurana verse on Mayavada

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 15:59:59 CDT 2013

Dear Shri Sunil, Namaskaram.First of all, I never said anything that
derides Advaita. Why would I? As a path towards Advaita Siddhi, I consider
jnana yoga to be a valid and direct path for those who are qualified. I
consider bhakti yoga to be the desirable, easy and fast path for every one.
I dont have the reference handy but the Lord says in SBh that a materialist
is in ignorance, dualist is in the mode of rajas, a non-dualist (follower
of jnana yoga) in the mode of sattva and bhakta is beyond the three modes.
I have to disagree with you that a bhakta is in darkness. SBh itself says
that it is relished by highest scholars.

In the link below, you can change the number to look up the canto. Shri
Jaldhar mentioned in a post that Sridhara refers to Citsukha's commentary
though I have not personally verified it.

http://archive.org/details/SrimadBhagavatamCanto08withMultipleSanskritCommentaries