[Advaita-l] Explanation

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:01:35 CDT 2013

A little correction. Proper vyAkaraNa demands that I should have written, "etasyArthaH spashTo na vA?"

The word artha, as used in this construction, should be masculine in saMskRta, whereas I assumed it could be used as a neuter noun as well, the way it is used in Tamil and Telugu. My thanks to  Sri V Subrahmanian for the emendation.

Best regards,

Vidyasankar