[Advaita-l] Reply to Sri Vidyamanya Tirtha's observations

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 02:05:38 CST 2013

[quote]
Let me clarify. I am not saying anything about saMnyAsa as an ASrama beyond
noting that formal entry into it is possible for the vividishA case. What I
mean
about the giving up of karmA when jnAna arises, no matter the ASrama of the
person, is the following. This is admittedly a rare case, but if and when
that
happens, the subsequent saMnyAsa is a matter of course. This is what is
called
vidvat saMnyAsa. I do not mean to say anything else about the conduct of
such
a person. In the case of formal saMnyAsa for the jignAsu, the giving up of
karmA
is a means to realize one's intrinsic a-kartRtva. In the case of vidvat
saMnyAsa,
a-kartRtva is already established.

It is only to accommodate both these possibilities that the jAbAlopanishat
says,
brahmacaryAd vA gRhAd vA vanAd vA ... yad ahar eva virajet tad ahar eva
pravrajet.

Best regards,

Vidyasankar
[unquote]

+1
I think this clarifies everything.

Sujal

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna