[Advaita-l] a sloka from yOga vAshiSTa...need reference & meaning

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Nov 27 01:18:08 CST 2013

Namaste,

I have a sloka which is from yOga vAshiSTa which runs as:

dEshakramENa dhanaM alpavigarhaNEna tEnAnga sAdhujanamarjaya mAnapUrvaM
tat sangamOttha viSayAdyavahELanEna samyagvichAra vibhavEna tavAta lAbhaH //

The rough meaning according to my translation is:

By considering the limitations & circumstances of dEsha and kAla (ie., considering the dEsha, kAla niyamAs etc.), if the grihastha (householder) one earns money with "swalpa dOsha" and thereby approaching the sAdhus & sants, if engages in their services and undergoes the shravaNa by participating in satsangha, also gets the vairAgya.  Thus, equipped with vairAgya, the grihastha engages in tattva-vichAra and achieves "Atma-lAbha".

I need the exact reference of the above sloka from yOga vAshiSTa and also need further
explanation to the pada-prayOga "alpa-vigarhaNa".

Thanks in advance...

regs,
sriram