[Advaita-l] Tapas

VTCS Rao vtcsrao at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:33:44 CST 2013

Hari om

If you are looking for references:

I suggest Amarakosham for etymological meanings.  Web source is

http://vedabase.net/t/tapah. Here all references from Gita are available.

Tapah is towards a desire to be fulfilled. It does not appear in any of the moksha  Margas as I understand. Shravana, maƱana, nidhidhyasa are the routes.

V T C S Rao