[Advaita-l] In defense of Advaita and Vivarta-Vada

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 08:48:18 CST 2013

Dear Sridhar ji,

Nice writeup.

Instead of 'intelligent cause' some use the word 'efficient cause'. Perhaps
if possible, we can give proofs of 2 levels

1. P.Y.S. 2.22
2. Br. Up. 1.3.1-6, specially 1.3.6 says different levels of truth.

Advaita says that dual world is visible due to ignorance (avidya). Advaita
does not say that one should not remove ignorance.

Then there is BG 18.66 in which our AcArya says
18.66 Sarva-dharman, all forms of rites and duties: *Here the word dharma
(righteousness) includes adharma (unrighteousness) as well*;

Tai. Up. 1.11 Satyam Vada Dharma Cara is als onicely explained as one
should not renounce vedic rites and rituals before maturity.

In BG 18.41 BhASya, our AcArya says - VarNa is by guNa, but guNa is
inherited by birth, which is accepted by Vaishnava AcArya-s like Sri
Ramanuja, etc.

It is said that mere logical reasoning does not help. The experience of
Self is must. It is called as aparokxAnubhUtI. Our AcArya has written a
prakaraNa granth with this name.

May be above points can help you.

I think we should bring all the accusations and their refutation on one
page and then point everyone to that page. This helps us not to type same
thing again and again. Also our write-ups would become more refined and
more authentic as they are checked and corrected by many knowledgeable
members.

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna