[Advaita-l] Logical Basis of Soul

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 01:14:04 CST 2013

Rajaram: If science points to an independent soul, will it not be better
for modern times?

---

I think the reverse should be true. If shastras say something, science has
to accept it. Before a century ago, science did not accept that there is
something called as 'mind' - mind it ;)

Now they have a main stream science dedicated to study of mind and it is
the most successful business and safe too ;) - psychologist
and psychiatrist.

Was science at a loss for all these years? Is mind a great great great
hypothesis?

As far as mind is concerned, modern medical science is a toddler. In
ancient times, we have hear stories of asura-s and dAnava-s conquering
heaven. All these happened in sukshma sharira, as far as I understand. Even
dAnava-s knew that they had more than one body (physical body), now who is
going to believe that we have 5 kosha-s (bodies). Does science accept it or
does it considered as paranormal. Is ayurveda considered main stream
science or is it considered as alternative therapy?

Their's is superior, ours is not, definitely not until they give us a nod -
mind it ;)

Do I sound like old man. I am just 322. You can call me old fashioned. I
will take it as a compliment. We are not at all proud of our culture and of
our country. I am pained whenever I hear 'According to Hindu Mythology ..',
perhaps puranas have an element of imagination, but they are much better
then history taught in schools. Purana-s give value education and the
'moral of the story is always good'. Thye mould our character of our kids.
they may have symbolic, esoteric meaning and connect us with God.

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna