[Advaita-l] Prasna regarding Aruna Prasna

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:15:37 CST 2013

Dear Sri Venkatesh Murthy
I think you have to study deeply the Upanishads and the bhashyas to know or appreciate why certain injunctions are given in them which we are unable to decipher .Replies to your enquiry were provided by some .Yet they are not so convincing at least to me.Because we have not lived in those times.May be that was trivial or had some deep significance.We only speculate.So better you yourselves contemplate and resolve the knot.Tobegin with I also came across this injunction to Garbhinis and also about how a child is born in some Upanishad - it is said it comes out of from an iron cage as it were breaking the bindings with tremendous force.I wondered why these things in a spiritual oriented compendium.There are many such things there.But as Sri Vidhyasankar has put forth they are not relevant to Advaitha study.Sri Dakshinamurthy cleared the doubts by His silence to His aged disciples who were no other persons than Sanathanar,Sanathkumarar,Sananthanar and Sanakar,,well qualified to receive the mouna vyakya.We are struggling to understand the Advaitha concepts which are not very easy to grasp.So better raise questions on your doubts about Advaitha however trivial so that the subject matter is clarified vividly.This is what perhaps Sri Vidhyasankar and Sri  Kuttimaddi Sadanada wanted to stress.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad