[Advaita-l] Prasna regarding Aruna Prasna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Nov 6 22:56:20 CST 2013

If living like Sanyasis why they are
> saying pregnant women have to leave and come back after some mantras?
Why
> they were sitting with pregnant women and saying mantras?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

IMHO, just because there is an instruction to  the 'garbhiNi' in this
mantra, we should not assume that vedic seers used to sit next to pregnant
women and reciting these veda maNtra-s.  apakrAmata and yathAsthAnaM just
an instruction for the pregnant, if she is there during aruNa parAyaNA,
she has to avoid listenting to these maNtra-s..If we go by about
assumption, then we have to say seers chanted injunction like maNtra-s in
aruNa,  nAtra mUtra pureeshaM kuryAt, na vivasanasnAyAt etc. after
witnessing these acts :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar