[Advaita-l] Meet on Advaita Vedanta in Bangalore - May 7 to 8. 2013

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri May 10 13:01:34 CDT 2013

Namaste

While I am not responding to the objection/observation made by the revered
Swamiji here, I would like to say that during the meet a set of books
authored by Sri SSS  were given to at least two scholars while I was
watching.  One scholar, during the lunch recess, went through one of the
books, and told me later that the 'virodha/contradictions that the author
is pointing out are not so at all.'

I feel if there is a meet arranged just to discuss the various
'contradictions' with the Shankara bhAShyam in the writings of the bhAmati
or the panchapAdika or vivaraNa, it would be a very revealing exercise.
Maybe someone can take the initiative to do this.  It is also possible, it
is my guess, that the scholar will give a lecture just on this topic.  I
had myself written a post on some points from the book
'bhAmatIsamAlochanam' authored by a disciple of Sri Swamiji where I had
shown that the specific points the author had taken up for criticizing the
bhAmatI as contradicting/deviating from the bhAshyakAra are not so at all:

regards
subrahmanian.v