[Advaita-l] Meet on Advaita Vedanta in Bangalore - May 7 to 8. 2013

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 9 06:12:23 CDT 2013

praNAms Sri Anand Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I went there with my son today morning hoping to listen to finer
points in advaita, but was told the meeting ended yesterday because some
of the scholars wanted to leave early.

>  thanks for the information prabhuji..when I went there around 11 AM,
nobody was there!!

Apparently, a summary of the topics discussed was presented by Shri
Advayananda Saraswati, after the sadas had ended.

>  I think that must be an interesting summary.. Sri Subbu prabhuji may
give us more details of it.  No need to mention here that Sri Advayananda
Saraswati is from Mattur (purvAshrama Sri ChandramouLi Avadhani) younger
brother of Sri Ashwatha Narayana Avadhani, a direct disciple of Sri SSS.

I was told the topics discussed included suShupti, the role of Yoga in
advaita in the context of shravaNa, manana, and nididhyAsana.

>  Very very interesting topics indeed...suShupti and its treatment in
shankara bhAshya is always quite interesting, especially when it comes to
kAraNAvidya in bhAvarUpa.  And the role of yOga as well in jnAna mArga
sAdhana prakriya.

>  Infact I went today with a question about jnAni's kAma krOdha
(vipareeta pratyaya)  due to prArabdha/avidyAlesha which I was planning to
ask if there is any leisure period or in  question & answer session :-)
Anyway, I missed the opportunity.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar